Log In

Log In

Forgot Your Password?

Cart Subtotal: $0.00

Chickens at Orchard Ranch, Dewey, Arizona

Availability: In stock

Quick Overview

Chickens at Orchard Ranch, Dewey, Arizona, April 4, 1926
Orchard Ranch was built in 1890 on land at the lower end of Lynx Creek valley by James Hall. It was built in the shape of a T with a crossbar running east and west and included two porches, a well and a tank. It faced the highway between Camp Verde and Prescott. From 1890-1895, apple, pear and peach trees were planted, and 120 head of cattle were raised by the Hall family. After the death of James Hall, the ranchhouse and 320 acres were sold in 1929 to Edward G. Applegate. In the following years, it was neglected, and became run down. It was rented occasionally until it was declared unfit for habitation and razed around 1966.
Click main image to zoom & pan

* Required Fields

Details

Old Call Number: bura2124pb
New Call Number: 1928-0001-0321
Location: SHM-MS-12 - Box 19 - Folder 5
Photo Date: April, 4, 1926
Medium: B&W
Original Format: Print
File Name: bura2124pb.jpg
Rights: Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
Photo Collection: Sharlot M. Hall

Additional Info

Old Call Number bura2124pb
New Call Number 1928-0001-0321
Photo Collection Sharlot M. Hall
Location SHM-MS-12 - Box 19 - Folder 5
Creator No
Distributor No
Photo Date April, 4, 1926
Medium B&W
Original Format Print
Size No
File Name bura2124pb.jpg
Rights Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
Staff Notes No
Description Chickens at Orchard Ranch, Dewey, Arizona, April 4, 1926 Orchard Ranch was built in 1890 on land at the lower end of Lynx Creek valley by James Hall. It was built in the shape of a T with a crossbar running east and west and included two porches, a well and a tank. It faced the highway between Camp Verde and Prescott. From 1890-1895, apple, pear and peach trees were planted, and 120 head of cattle were raised by the Hall family. After the death of James Hall, the ranchhouse and 320 acres were sold in 1929 to Edward G. Applegate. In the following years, it was neglected, and became run down. It was rented occasionally until it was declared unfit for habitation and razed around 1966.